Runner’s World released their 101 Kicks in the Butt list on 3/22/2007. It may be an old list but it’s a good one.
I wanted to start this blog off right with motivation and tips I found interesting, this seems to be gold.
I’m going to share a few tips from the list I am trying or want to incorporate into my training schedule.
Feel free to share your tips in the comments.
1. Get a new pair of shoes. Check! I went to Fit2Run and had my stride and feet evaluated. This has made all the difference. I even broke them in with a 7+ mile run the following morning.
2. Forget Time. Remember the saying, “speed kills”? It applies to running as well. Unless you’re speed training, forget it. Currently working on adding distance and may think of speed in terms of PR on my next 5k.
3. Sign Up Now. Worried about wanning motivation? Sign up for a race months away. It’s a goal you can reach and will help maintain motivation through those long training hours. I’m planning on running the 3rd Florida Halfathon Challenge (4-Race Series) – signing up now.
4. Blaze a New Path. I get bored with the same route. Couldn’t do track & field (no disrespect) because a single lap gets monotonous. Check out different trails in your area. Google and apps are your friend here. I use Trails and AllTrails on my iPhone.
5. Run at Lunch. It’s great for those days you can’t get out before or after work, plus it’s a nice midday break. Just make sure you are hydrated, have the proper clothing and somewhere to clean up afterward. You’re co-workers won’t be as thrilled about your running as you are if you forget the deodorant.
These are only 5 of the first 20 I looked at, but I’m following all of these currently.
I’ll add to the list as I go.
Share your running tips or favorites from this list in the comments. I love good tips!