Recently a new running friend, Tia, posted this on her Facebook page. She’s super involved in the running community and is a fantastic resource.
While she used this as fun FB post, I decided to add it as a #FunFriday post while I’m on vacation. I hope you join in, either in the comments or on your social media of choice.
1. Favorite Distance – 26.2+. I’ve done 2 marathons and one ultra this year. This distance takes everything I have physically AND mentally, which makes me feel like a champ when I cross that finish line.
2. Favorite Shoe – Undecided. I’m not brand loyal at this point, but if someone wants to sponsor a race or two…
3. Equipment You Can’t Live Without – Garmin watch (I’m addicted). Camelbak Marathoner Pack for summer and trail runs. GOOD SOCKS.
4. Favorite Race – Croom series is amazing.
5. Best Result 5k – no idea, now that you mention it.
6. Why You Run – it’s become who I am and stress relief.
7. How Long Have You Been Running – 2011 on a dare that I couldn’t. It was me who thought I’d never run due to degenerative discs in my lower spine. Guess I showed me!
8. Have You Been Injured? Nothing serious. Blisters, shin splints, the norm.
9. Have You Gone a Year Without Injury? 5+ without serious injury
10. Run Streak? Not my thing. I may do a mile-a-day at some point, but it’s not in the training program right now.
11. Have You Run in Another Country? Not yet. Husband is planning on me running an ultra on some tropical island he wants to visit next year so, stay tuned?
12. U.S. States Have You Raced In? FL, TX, SC
13. The Most Important Thing Running Has Taught You? I am more resilient than I think. I suck at fueling during endurance races.
14. How many pairs of running shoes do you own? 1 that I actually wear. A couple old pair for short rainy day runs and yard work.
15. Training partners? None, but I’m looking for a speed work group.
17. Cross Training Activity? Strength training is my go-to. I’m a personal trainer at a gym. No excuses! Swimming is also nice if I have access to a pool.
18. Runs During Week? 4-6 depending on my training schedule and stress level.
19. Water or Sports Drink? H2O all the way! I only use sports drinks or soda during the tail end of the 20+ milers if I find I haven’t fueled properly (no one’s perfect).
20. Most Unusual Running Experience? Spartan Beast South Carolina. Late start times, freezing temps the night before, LOTS of water obstacles, and a race best-friend I couldn’t have done it without (we totally met that morning at the hotel breakfast & ran 90% of the race together). It was cold, wet, sandy, muddy, dark, and hypothermia was a real concern at several points. That doesn’t even count all the obstacles. It was the most intense thing I’ve intentionally done to my body and mind. It was also the race that secured my Spartan Trifecta for the year! #BeastMode
Now, it’s your turn.